The Council of the Women in the Business in Bulgaria was created after a national conference in the end of January 2012 – The Women – the Gentle Force of the Business, organized by Manager Magazine. The Council of the Women in the Business in Bulgaria is a non-governmental organization which dedicates its actions to popularize the good practices and programs that encourage the professional career development of the women in the small and middle-sized business. The organization supports young and talented specialists so that they can realize their potential in Bulgaria, and helps young people from disadvantaged social upbringing with their education.The Council of the women in the Business in Bulgaria conducts regular monthly meetings between its members and prominent representatives of the public life from Bulgaria and from abroad. In 2014 the Council started a free of charge training program “Leadership Academy” for women in mid-level management positions or owners and managers of small and middle-sized businesses. The first graduates of the Leadership academy finish their training in February 2015.
The Council of the Women in the Business in Bulgaria еwas created by ladies in top management positions with proven experience in management and corporate culture.
The chairwoman of the Executive board is Dr. eng. Boriana Manolova who is the CEO of Siemens Bulgaria.
- Eng. Vania Kaneva, Director of “Human Resources and Administration” in VP Brands International;
- Gergana Ivanova, Founder and partner at The Smarts Advertising Agency, as well as in the other three companies in the communications group: IQMedia Media Agency, PR Agency Paragraph 42, and producer of studio Shoot!;
- Darina Stoyanova, General Manager “Prestige 96″ AD;
- Zoya Paunova, CEO of Astra Zeneca Bulgaria;
- Irena Tsakova, Authorization and Legal Activities Director, Dundee Precious Metals Chelopech EAD and Dundee Precious Metals Krumovgrad EAD;
- Lidiya Shuleva, Managing Partner Business Intellect Ltd;
- Maya Peycheva-Takeva, Country HR Manager at Hewlett Packard Enterprise;
- Miglena Ouzunova-Tsekova, Senior Human Resources Director and member of the Leadership team of A1 Bulgaria;
- Milena Dragijska, CEO of Lidl Bulgaria;
- Tsvetanka Mincheva, Member of the Management Board and Director Retail Banking at “Unicredit Bulbank”;
The goals of the Council of women include popularization the good practices and programs that encourage the professional career development of the women in the small and middle-sized business; the development and establishment of professional values in the civil society, education, science, culture, technology and the support of the young specialists and talents so that they can realize their potential in Bulgaria and to help young people from disadvantaged social upbringing in their education.
The organization is open to new members, who are prominent managers or representatives of companies with proven experience and corporate culture and who share the organization’s values.